August 1st has arrived and with that, we thought to ask our college intern for her dorm room tips on packing and shopping.
1) A corkboard. Hang this on your wall and fill it with pictures of your friends and family!
2) Lights. These warm up any dorm and you can put them wherever you want!
3) Bean bags/Extra seating. Having extra places for people to sit is great when you’re hanging out with friends!
4) Plants (real or fake). Bringing small plants like succulents as they add such a cute detail to any room!
5) Throw pillows. These will decorate your bed and make it look extra nice!
6) Area rug. An area rug is so cute and covers the sometimes not so pretty floors of dorm buildings.
7) Throw blankets. These are good to have because they add such a nice detail to your bed! (Home Goods has great throw blankets and so many options)
8) Wall Art. Anything goes – art prints, a tapestry, photos, and signs are all nice ways to spruce up the room.
9) A cool jewelry holder. Having a jewelry holder like this not only keeps your things organized but also doubles as a fun piece of decor!
10) A fan. This fan plugs right into your computer or desk lamp so you always stay cool.